BUTCH QUEEN FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ballroom's FIRST WORLD WAR?

Go down

The Ballroom's FIRST WORLD WAR? Empty The Ballroom's FIRST WORLD WAR?

Post by LegendInt'l Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:01 am

A world war is defined as "a war affecting the majority of the world's most powerful and populous nations. World wars span several continents, and lasted for many years. The term has usually been applied to two conflicts of unprecedented scale that occurred during the 20th century: World War I (1914–1918), and World War II (1939–1945)"...and in World War II's case a war consisting of several independent conflicts happening at the same time. ...If you apply this definition to the world of Ballroom, I believe the Ballroom is engaged in a WORLD WAR.

I raise this issue because just like previous World Wars, this one will soon cause "unprecedented casualties and destruction across the theaters of conflict" if it is not resolved.... This mega-conflict has risen to such a level of buffonery that outsiders looking in on any aspect of the Ballroom scene will see turmoil, violence and savagery.

While it is true the Ballroom has historically been plagued by conflict, power struggles and violence, I've observed that beginning in 2007 everything has gotten out of hand. Since that time regions such as Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta has been marred by violence that has garnered national exposure and balls that are designed to fail. New York City and North Carolina has been scarred by sabotage, monopolization and corrupt agencies giving free balls.... Ballroom status and proclaiming one's status has become a pure mockery... Regional alliances are making policy to control balls and ban people from attending (and more controlling groups are on the way!!!) ...Sure people have always switched houses but now founders are being removed from their own houses, coups are rampant (ie people taking positions they don't deserve) and there's been an amazing amount of 007's and houses on the verge of collapse or in complete disarray as evidenced by all of those inter- and intra-house disputes on here, blogtalk radio, myspace and sometimes in the news...

I BELIEVE IT IS TIME FOR ATONEMENT ...WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???... ARE WE AT WORLD WAR???...WHAT MUST WE DO TO STOP THIS RAMPANT SELF-DESTRUCTION??? ...SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY...
Father Terrence Legend Int'l, Author/Historian

LegendInt'l
BALLROOM MODERATOR
BALLROOM MODERATOR

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum