BUTCH QUEEN FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"AT LAST"... OBAMA IS OUR PRESIDENT!

Go down

"AT LAST"... OBAMA IS OUR PRESIDENT! Empty "AT LAST"... OBAMA IS OUR PRESIDENT!

Post by LegendInt'l Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 am

Speaking of Obama's election, I can't help but to think about another event influencing this election ... it happened 13 years ago ... THE MILLION MAN MARCH ... I went to Minister Louis Farrakhan's DC march on October 16 and it was once in a lifetime experience ... However on that day BLACK men across the nation agreed to ATONE and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY ... Here are a few things that happened after that event:

According to voter registration statistics, one and a half million black men registered to vote in the months following the March, leading David Bositis of the Joint Center for Economic Studies to remark, "In reviewing the sharp increase in the black male vote, I might find it highly implausible that there was another factor that rivaled the Million Man March in bringing about this change."
Concurrently to the march, the National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW) launched an initiative, the Fist Full of Families Nationwide Adoption Initiative, as part of its goal to limit transracial adoption and encourage African-American families to adopt African-American children. Following the march, The NABSW reported a flood of 13,000 applications to adopt black children.

OF COURSE I THINK IT WAS ABOUT A MILLION PEOPLE THERE AND THERE WAS PROBABLY MORE AT THE INAUGURATION BUT THEY DON'T COUNT CROWDS NO MO IN DC (because Farrakhan threatened to sue the US PARK POLICE for mis-estimating the size of his crowd)

LegendInt'l
BALLROOM MODERATOR
BALLROOM MODERATOR

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down